The next Women on Target event will be held on September 19th, 2020 at The Menomonie Public Shooting Range.
Registration and online payment will be available on this page starting July 15th.
Women on Target is an event for women only. The event is designed to provide women with the opportunity to experience shooting several different types of firearms in a safe environment while being coached on proper firearms safety, handling, aiming, and shooting. There are 2 sessions: Morning and Afternoon. Each session is about 4 hours including lunch.
After being given a session in safe firearms handling, you will have the opportunity to shoot the following firearms:
- 4 different handguns (22 revolver, 22 semi-automatic pistol, 38 special revolver, 9mm pistol)
- 22 rifles
- AR style rifles
- Muzzleloading rifles
- Trap shooting with a 12 or 20 gauge shotgun
- Some years we also offer either a hunting rifle or WWII vintage rifles.
Each station has a coach well-versed in that particular firearm. The intent ofthe event is for you to enjoy the experience the sport of shooting. You only shoot the firearms you wish to.
Everything is included; firearms, ammunition, targets, eye and hearing protection, and lunch. Water and coffee are available through the entire event.
We always have raffle several prizes during the events. Raffles are cash only.
- Read the Range Rules and Regulations.
- You must register for the event and payment must by recieved before Sept. 13th, 2020.
- In order to maximize event seating, we will remove any participant whose payment is not recieved after 10 days of registration.
- You may pay by check or online with PayPal. Any returned checks will be charged the $25.00 entry fee plus recovery costs.
- Checks should be sent to:
- Must have successfully completed a Hunter Education or Hunter Safety Course AND be accompanied by a paid adult participant.
- Enter the adult's email in the email address box.
- The adult accompanying the youth must register first. Include the the adult's first and last name, and their confirmation number (from the adult's confirmation email) on the registration form.
- Requests for refunds must be received before Sept. 13th 2020. Email email@example.com with your first and last name, and the confirmation number from your confirmation email.
- If there is a mistake or information needs to be changed, DO NOT re-register. Instead contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the corrected information and your confirmation number.
Women On Target
C/O Duke Holmberg
E5777 708th Avenue
Menomonie, WI 5751
Women under 18