For safety, County ordinances require all firearms be unloaded and in a case while being transported between the parking lot and the firing points. Also, no one is allowed on the premises unless a range supervisor in present.
INDIVIDUALS FOUND ON THE RANGE DURING UN-SUPERVISED TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO ILLEGAL TRESPASSING. Members and neighbors are instructed to call the Dunn County Sheriff if people are found on the range without a Range Supervisor present. Everyone using the range must be acquainted with and abide by the range rules and regulations. A copy of the range rules is available at: Range rules and regulations While the county has set the possible hours the range may be open (shown below), the range is only open during supervised hours of operation that volunteers of the Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club have offered their time to operate the range. Those hours are posted on the calendar.
|Hours of Operation per Dunn County Ordinance|
|Daylight Savings Time||Standard Time|
|Mon-Fri||7:00 AM||8:00 PM||8:00 AM||4:30 PM|
|Sat||7:00 AM||5:00 PM||8:00 AM||4:30 PM|
|Sun||10:00 AM||5:00 PM||10:00 AM||4:30 PM|
The Menomonie Public Shooting Range offers:
- The range is wheelchair and handicap accessible.
- 100, 200, and 300 yard shooting benches.
- The 100 and 200 yard firing benches have adjustable seats.
- The 4 dedicated pistol shooting firing points are handicapped accessible.
- A 5-station 16- yard regulation trap range is installed, but is only open during certain hours. Check the calendar for the dates and times.
- Paper targets only on the rifle and pistol ranges. Targets are available at the range house.
- Cardboard and tape is provided for the target stands. We do not use staples as staples can cause injury.
- Hearing and eye protection, rifle rests, spotting scopes, and sandbags are available at no charge.